[gradsusr] Grads on Macs vs. Linux Machines

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Jan 9 12:31:00 EST 2015

Are you sure that your descriptor files are the same? It looks like the mac descriptor has the grid definition wrong, or maybe there is an extra column in the data (lon is set from 0 to 360). What happens if you change the domain on your mac using ‘set lon 0 360’ — can you duplicate the linux version?

A useful thing to check would be file size compared to grid size definitions. You file should be xsize*ysize*zsize*tsize*4 bytes large.
—Jennifer

On Jan 5, 2015, at 4:09 PM, Marjahn Finlayson <mfinlayson at wesleyan.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble with a dataset that was created on a Linux machine and was downloaded on a Mac laptop. My colleague and I are using the same data: she is using a Linux and I am on a Mac laptop. I've attached the same graph of this dataset from both computers.
>
> Can anyone explain the issue here?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marjahn

Jennifer M. Adams