[gradsusr] Heat index from GFS paralell using wgrib2

Wesley Ebisuzaki - NOAA Federal wesley.ebisuzaki at noaa.gov
Tue Jan 6 10:34:00 EST 2015

Kieren,

    Seems that wgrib2 had a grib variable FIREDLA which later became HINDEX.
Not sure why.  Possible explanations are

  (1) WMO changed the variable definition  (experimental definition was
rejected?)
  (2) NCEP website had an error the tables
  (3) my script which reads the NCEP web site had problems

The problem was fixed by wgrib2 v0.1.9.6a 5/2012.  So it is time for an
upgrade.

Wesley