[gradsusr] how to compute standard deviation in grads

Amina Khan k.amina93 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 14:04:40 EDT 2015

Thank you so much Hosmay. But how can i remove the undefined values from the file.

     On Monday, August 31, 2015 10:56 PM, Hosmay Lopez <hlopez at rsmas.miami.edu> wrote:

 Hi Amina,
I f your precipitation variable is named precip, then you could do:
Precip_StDev = sqrt(ave(pow(precip , 2), t = 1 , t = nt))
where, sort function is the square rootave function is average over time dimension in this case.pow function is the power function to square precip variable.
Hope this helps.
Hosmay Lopez
UM/CIMAS/RSMAS NOAA/AOML/PHOD
4301 Rickenbacker Causeway,