[gradsusr] Surface Metar Data

James Spinks jspin881 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 19 14:29:52 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I have been trying to work with this Surface Metar data from the Thredds data server (http://thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog/nws/metar/ncdecoded/files/catalog.html), which is in netcdf format.

Now, I have been able to display the data from GDS (http://monsoondata.org:9090/dods/stn/metar/2015), but I want to be able to physically download the data and display it because I want to do more advance scripting that will require too much bandwidth across GDS. Can you download the physical file from GDS?

My questions:

1) Has anyone ever worked with the surface metar data from Thredds?
1) Is there a control file to open and display the surface metar data in GrADS?

Thanks,
James

P.S. if my questions or explanation are not clear I will be happy to clarify myself.