[gradsusr] GFS time interpolation

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Wed Aug 19 06:42:22 EDT 2015

try attacched script
use:
open a file with 1h grid
set time to something in 1h grid
open your 3h grid
set dfile 3h grid
run the script: the only parameter is the field of 3h grid you want to interpolate (ex.: interp_time mslp)
now defined variable 'interp' is an interpolation of 3h grid into 1h grid

it should work
bye bye
Davide

Oriol Ciurana <uri at uriens.cat> , 8/19/2015 11:13 AM:

Any idea on how to achieve this? Maybe using some CDO operators?
Any help would be apreciated.

Oriol

Hello,

I want to interpolate 3h GFS grib files to 1h grib files in order to get hourly animations.
Does anyone know how to do it?

One option is writting a GrADS script to get the intermediate values by manually interpolation, but I'm wondering if is there any way to get directly an hourly interpolated grib, for example using WGRIB/WGRIB2 tools or something like this.

Thanks in advance,

Oriol Ciurana