[gradsusr] (no subject)

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 19:39:17 EDT 2015

I don't think grads is capable of doing what you want to do without
modifying the data. Any time series you display is going to look for data
at the intervals from the TDEF line of your control file. Since you have
monthly data, any time series you display will have a data point every
month. You can't change that while running grads. You can calculate the
average easy enough, but if you want to display a time series of the annual
means you'll have to calculate them and store them in a separate data file
that you can then read with Grads.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Justin Hicks <jhicks2014 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I was using the tloop and aave commands in a GrADS Script file and running
> it in order to graph a time series. I want my data points to show up year
> by year, not as a plot of points for every month (I am using a monthly data
> set). Basically I want to average those monthly points to get a global
> average for that year. So, I want a data point, for example, for years
> 1979, 1980, 1981, etc instead of 12 for each year. I'm not sure how to do
> this, as I am new to GrADS.
>
> So far, I have:
>
> 'set vpage 0 11 0 8.5'
> 'set parea 6 10 1.0 3.0'
> 'set xlint 60'
> 'set ylint 20'
> 'set x 1'
> 'set y 1'
> 'set t 1 436'
> 'set grads off'
> 'set cmark marker 0'
> 'd tloop(aave(LWnet-SWnet,g))'
> 'set grads off'
> 'set string 1 c 8'
> 'set strsiz .14'
> 'draw string 8.0 3.2 1979-2015 Net Radiation  avg'
>
> Thank You!

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant