[gradsusr] Dimensions that Grads can operate

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:15:38 EDT 2015

Hello,
        I am in need of converting NCEP wind data to gridded format
extracted over a latitude longitude domain. I wrote a script for this thing
like the following.

'reinit'
'sdfopen G:/Sample_MT/samp/uwnd.2006.nc'
'set x 1 144'
'set y 1 73'
prompt 'key in filename'
pull fname
'set fwrite 'fname
tt=1
while (tt<=365)
'set t 'tt
zz=1
while (zz<=17)
'set z 'zz
'set gxout fwrite'
'd uwnd'
zz=zz+1
endwhile
tt=tt+1
endwhile

But eventhough the script is working, it extracts the data for a single
level only. Do grads operate if we give dimensions greater than 2?. I mean,
latitude is varying, longitude is varying, Time is varying, Level is
varying for output..?

Sincerely
Jayakrishnan.P.R
Project Scientist-C
National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting
Earth System Science Organisation
Ministry of Earth Sciences
A-50, Sector 62, NOIDA -201 309, INDIA
Mob: 09496026547