[gradsusr] Wrong result when plotting hoop shapes

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Apr 7 08:15:47 EDT 2015

This feature is documented here: http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/shapefiles.html#caveat
You could try drawing the inner ring filled in with the background color…
Alternatively, you have to re-construct your shapefile with a radial slice through the donut, similar to the yellow shape in your graphic that is not labeled ‘wrong’, except that the flat edges of the “C” will extend all the way around the inner island to touch and give the appearance of a donut.
—Jennifer

On Apr 7, 2015, at 5:53 AM, Oriol Ciurana <uri at uriens.cat> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to plot shapes around some islands to mark the coasts. I have created a shapefile with all the shapes but I get a wrong result when trying to plot a hoop shape around a small island, all the shape is filled by color, the center of the island too. Only the coast should be filled, not the island, and I'm wondering if this is a GrADS bug or there is something that I'm doing in the wrong way. The result is attached in the mail.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Oriol Ciurana

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3