[gradsusr] Diurnal Climatology

mehwish ramzan mehwish.ramzan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:58:59 EDT 2014

Dear Jennifer,

I have tried your kind suggestions but error is still the same.

With Best Regards,

Mehwish

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 4:56 AM, Jennifer Adams <jma at cola.iges.org> wrote:

> I think you need to change the third argument in your ave() declaration
> from “t+227808” to “t=227808”.
> —Jennifer
>

> On Sep 19, 2014, at 3:13 AM, mehwish ramzan <mehwish.ramzan at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> Dear GrADS Users,
>
> I am trying to calculate the Diurnal Climatology for 26 years "hourly
> data" as follows;
>
> open r_pgb_hourly.ctl
>
> set t 1 24
>
> set x 1
>
> set y 1
>
> define p1= ave(pratesfc*60*60*24, t-0, t+227808, 24)
>

> Averaging.  dim = 3, start = 1, end = 227808
>
> but after averaging it suddenly gives *Segmentation fault error*
>

>  Also if i want to calculate just the JJA diurnal Climatology for 26 years
> then what changes i need to make in above script?
>

> Please guide me.
>
> Thank You
>
> With Best Regards,
>
> Mehwish

> Jennifer M. Adams
> Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies (COLA)
> 111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
> George Mason University
> 4400 University Drive
> Fairfax, VA 22030

Mehwish RAMZAN
Doctoral Candidate,
 Oki Laboratory / Yoshimura Laboratory
Available at:
Atmosphere and Ocean Research Institute, Kashiwa Campus, University of
Tokyo,Japan
*Also at:*Institute of Industrial Science, Komaba Campus, University of
Tokyo,Japan
phone : +81-80-4806-3962
email: mehwish at rainbow.iis.u-tokyo.ac.jp