[gradsusr] vector arrow on colorbar

Jonathan Wynn Smith jwsmith9 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 19:52:23 EDT 2014

Thanks for the link.  In going to the site and implementing the
suggested syntax, I go the following error:

SET error:  Missing or invalid arguments for ARRSCL option
Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
  'arrow' not a variable or function name
  Error ocurred at column 1
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.
Unknown command: function
Non-numeric args to numeric operation
  Error occurred on line 106

I have the arrow.gs script in the working directory.I added a few more
quotation marks as you see below:

"set gxout vector"

'len = 0.3'
'scale = 2'
'xrit = 8.0'
'ybot = 0.5'
'set arrscl 'len' 'scale
'set arrlab off'
'd c*0;skip(c,6,3)'

'rc = arrow(xrit-0.25,ybot+0.2,len,scale)'

'function arrow(x,y,len,scale)'
'set line 1 1 4'
'draw line 'x-len/2.' 'y' 'x+len/2.' 'y
'draw line 'x+len/2.-0.05' 'y+0.025' 'x+len/2.' 'y
'draw line 'x+len/2.-0.05' 'y-0.025' 'x+len/2.' 'y
'set string 1 c'
'set strsiz 0.1'
'draw string 'x' 'y-0.1' 'scale
return

'set string 1 tc 10'
'set strsiz .225'

What can I do to resolve the error? And following the script is an
additional set string and set strsiz command for the plot title.  How
can I have these command print out the title  being that the follow
set string and a set strsiz command above?

Jonathan

On 9/15/14, M.Mahakur <mmahakur at tropmet.res.in> wrote:

> http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetarrlab.html

*Jonathan Wynn Smith, Ph.D.*