[gradsusr] (no subject)

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Mon Sep 15 12:21:45 EDT 2014

Aloha,

Are you trying to do global average?  It seems as though your data is
2.5x2.5 degrees.  You should try to do:
'set lat -90 90'
'set lon 0 360' (or 'set lon -180 180' depending on how your data is set
up).
The second number isn't the interval, it's the actual value of the maximum
latitude or longitude.

Alternatively, you can do
'set x 1 144'
'set y 1 73'
That will also set your grid up to be global.

-Tom

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Davide Sacchetti <
davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:

> let's debug:
> 'reset'
> 'query dims'
> 'display temp'
> 'display temp(z=1)'
> 'display temp(z=2)'
> 'display (temp(z=1)+temp(z=2))/2'
> 'display ave(temp,lev=1000,lev=925)'
> 'set x 1 2'
> 'set y 1 38'
> 'display ave(temp,lev=1000,lev=925)'
>
> which among these commands do work correctly?
>
> On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 20:40 +0530, Gargi Akhoury wrote:
> > Data is very large....takes time to upload.....Is there any other
> > method?
> >

> > Thanks & regards
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Gargi Akhoury
> > <gargiakhoury at bitmesra.ac.in> wrote:
> >         Yeah m getting the same result .....
> >

> >         thanks & regards
> >
> >         On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Davide Sacchetti
> >         <davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:
> >                 the message you get is not perfectly clear to me ...
> >                 but from
> >                 'Contouring: 273 to 297 interval 3' it seems you got
> >                 your result, at the
> >                 end
> >                 the same result should be achieved by:
> >                 'display (temp(z=1)+temp(z=2))/2'
> >
> >                 If you don't get your result, you can put your data on
> >                 the web: I could
> >                 download your data and try to understand better ...
> >
> >                 bye bye
> >                 Davide
> >

> >                 On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 19:44 +0530, Gargi Akhoury
> >                 wrote:
> >                 > m srry Davide...m not getting ....my result is:
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 > ga-> set z 1
> >                 > LEV set to 1000 1000
> >                 > ga->  d ave(temp,lev=1000,lev=925)
> >                 > Averaging. Averaging.  dim = 2, start = 1, end = 2
> >                 > Data Request Warning:  Request is completely outside
> >                 file limits
> >                 >   Entire grid contents are set to missing data
> >                 >   Grid limits of file:     X = 1 144  Y = 1 73  Z =
> >                 1 17  T = 1 780  E
> >                 > = 1 1
> >                 >   Grid limits of request:  X = 1 2  Y = 1 38  Z = 2
> >                 2  T = 1 1  E = 1
> >                 > 1
> >                 >   Warning issued for variable = temp
> >                 > Contouring: 273 to 297 interval 3
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 > ve to take out the average of both the levels....!!
> >                 >
> >                 >
> >                 > Thanks & Regards
> >                 >
> >                 > On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM, Davide Sacchetti
> >                 > <davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:
> >                 >         on your system z is varying: use
> >                 >         set z 1
> >                 >         bye bye
> >                 >         Davide
> >                 >
> >                 >         On Mon, 2014-09-15 at 19:06 +0530, Gargi
> [...]

Tom Robinson
Treasurer - Graduate Student Organization
Secretary - Student Athletic Fee Committee
Graduate Student - Department of Atmospheric Science
732-718-2323