[gradsusr] basemap.gs problem: NCEP file: Reposting

Jayakrishnan P.R prjayakrishnan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 05:56:39 EST 2014

Dear Users,
                I would like to mask land for the NCEP air temperature data
using basemap. I downloaded all the ascii files from basemap and put them
in the working directory /gpfs1/home/jkpr/. Also the path of the ascii
files given in the base map gs file.

ga-> sdfopen air.2004.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  air.2004.nc
SDF file air.2004.nc is open as file 1
LON set to 0 360
LAT set to -90 90
LEV set to 1000 1000
Time values set: 2004:1:1:0 2004:1:1:0
E set to 1 1
ga-> set gxout shaded
ga-> set mpdset mres
MPDSET file name = mres
ga-> d air
Contouring: 240 to 310 interval 10
ga-> basemap L 0 1 M
Syntax Error
  Error occurred on line 93
  In file basemap.gs

Then error occured in the line 93 of basemap and I could not get the land
masked data of air temperature.  I could not get the problem.

Sincerely
Jayakrishnan.P.R
Project Scientist-C
National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting
Earth System Science Organisation
Ministry of Earth Sciences
A-50, Sector 62, NOIDA -201 309, INDIA
Mob: 09496026547