[gradsusr] plotting Precipitation Map in Grads

Charles Langton Vanya dolesibeni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 05:53:50 EST 2014

Dear all,
I am running a numerical weather model and I would like to plot its
products particularly precipitation just as Jenifer Adams does it on
wxmaps.org.

I would also like to run my cbarc.gs  so that I should get output just
as precipitation in GFS forecasts. Is there anyone who knows how I can
do this? Are there scripts that have instruction on colors and legends
just as in GFS products.

Please help.
Charles Vanya

On 24/11/2014, Jayakrishnan P.R <prjayakrishnan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Users,
>                 I would like to mask land for the NCEP air temperature data
> using basemap. I downloaded all the ascii files from basemap and put them
> in the working directory /gpfs1/home/jkpr/. Also the path of the ascii
> files given in the base map gs file.
>
> ga-> sdfopen air.2004.nc
> Scanning self-describing file:  air.2004.nc
> SDF file air.2004.nc is open as file 1
> LON set to 0 360
> LAT set to -90 90
> LEV set to 1000 1000
> Time values set: 2004:1:1:0 2004:1:1:0
> E set to 1 1
> ga-> set gxout shaded
> ga-> set mpdset mres
> MPDSET file name = mres
> ga-> d air
> Contouring: 240 to 310 interval 10
> ga-> basemap L 0 1 M
> Syntax Error
>   Error occurred on line 93
>   In file basemap.gs
>

> Then error occured in the line 93 of basemap and I could not get the land
> masked data of air temperature.  I could not get the problem.
>

> Sincerely
> Jayakrishnan.P.R
> Project Scientist-C
> National Centre for Medium Range Weather Forecasting
> Earth System Science Organisation
> Ministry of Earth Sciences
> A-50, Sector 62, NOIDA -201 309, INDIA
> Mob: 09496026547