[gradsusr] Contouring / digits

Eric Altshuler ela at cola.iges.org
Sat May 24 01:04:29 EDT 2014

It looks like the data being displayed is actually geopotential, which is equal to g*(geopotential height), where g=9.81 m/s^2. To display geopotential height in dekameters, it is:

'd 0.1*geopot/9.81'

Best regards,

Eric L. Altshuler
Research Scientist
Center for Ocean-Land-Atmosphere Studies
253 Research Hall, Mail Stop 6C5
George Mason University
4400 University Drive
Fairfax, VA 22030 USA