[gradsusr] Help to get version 2.0.2 for windows

egawa at met.kishou.go.jp egawa at met.kishou.go.jp
Mon May 19 06:13:28 EDT 2014

Dear Anil and others,

I could complie GrADS under 64 bit Cygwin, though it is not OpenGrADS
2.0.2 but GrADS 2.1.a1.

I can upload compiled programs to my server.
grads.exe and other programs do not use dynamic link libraries so you can
execute it without supplibs.

Unfortunately, I use free-of-charge server and maximum file size is
limited to 3 MB.
I divided TGZ file into four parts.

http://mc39.genin.jp/grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz.1
http://mc39.genin.jp/grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz.2
http://mc39.genin.jp/grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz.3
http://mc39.genin.jp/grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz.4

File size of each file is 2,510,283 bytes.

You need to execute,
$ cat grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz.? >
grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz
$ tar xvzf grads-2.1.a1-bin-x86_64-unknown-cygwin.tar.gz
It includes grads.exe, stnmap.exe, bufrscan.exe, gribmap.exe,
gribscan.exe, grib2scan.exe and wgrib.exe.
You also need to prepare the font and map files.

I made a Japanese website reporting how to compile GrADS 2.1.a1 under 64
bit Cygwin.
http://mc39.genin.jp/GrADS2.1.a1_compile_memo.html
Though I know it is incorrect, you can use Google translator.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ja&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmc39.genin.jp%2FGrADS2.1.a1_compile_memo.html&sandbox=1
I will translate it if you request and I have time.

Best regards,
Takumu

Takumu EGAWA
Numerical Prediction Division,  Japan Meteorological Agency
1-3-4 Otemachi, Chiyoda-ku,  Tokyo 100-8122, Japan

> Anil,
> COLA does not support GrADS on Windows -- it is only available through
Opengrads, where resources for creating builds are provided on a volunteer
basis and are therefore extremely limited. I do have some inside
information, however, that a new build of 2.1.a2 from COLA and Opengrads
is in the works. I don't know exactly when the release will be ready….
the best I can offer is 'soon'.
> --Jennifer
>

> On May 5, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Anil Kumar wrote:
>
> > Grads People,
> >
> > Can you please direct me get GrADS version 2.0.2 for Windows or build
source code on windows to get binaries. I am getting minimal help on it.

> > Thanks & Regards
> > Anil Kumar

gradsusr.org] On Behalf Of Anil Kumar
> > Sent: Monday, May 05, 2014 11:54 AM
> > To: 'GrADS Users Forum'
> > Subject: [gradsusr] Help to get version 2.0.2 for windows
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Am using Grads 2.0.1 version from Sourceforge
https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengrads/, I need Grads version 2.0.2
for windows OS to use new features but unable to find setup file.