[gradsusr] Help on Areal average using Grads

Anil Kumar anilku at oceanmanager.com
Mon Jun 23 10:32:43 EDT 2014

Dear Jennifer,

Referencing your below reply, Am trying to use amax() with linear interpolation to the same problem (need area maximum now) But am not getting the maximum values in destination grid. I have gone throu’ the documentation http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfunclterp.html but am not getting any clue that we can use amax() function with the ltrep. But when I use it not getting the maximum value’s plot in grads. Below is the command used and CTL file.

reinit

sdfopen D:/WeatherGribFiles/2014/06/11/rtofs_glo_2ds_f024_daily_prog.nc

open D:/WeatherGribFiles/2014/06/11/rtofs_glo_2ds_f024_daily_prog2.ctl

set parea 0 11 0 8.5

set vpage 0 11 0 8.5

set lon -74.16 434

set lat -90 90

set cthick 6

set arrscl 0.10

d lterp(u_velocity.1*1.95,lat.2,amax);lterp(v_velocity.1*1.95,lat.2,amax)

CTL file :

dset D:\WeatherGribFiles\2014\06\22\rtofs_glo_2ds_f024_daily_prog.nc

index  D:\WeatherGribFiles\2014\06\22\rtofs_glo_2ds_f024_daily_prog_DUMMY.nc

title 2D Sfc Daily Prognostic 00Z22jun2014: Forecast, downloaded Jun 22 15:20 UTC

undef 1.26765e+30

dtype netcdf

xdef 180 linear 74.16 2.0

ydef 67 linear -90 3.0

zdef 1 linear 1 1

tdef 1 linear 00Z23JUN2014 1mn

options template

vars 2

u_velocity=>u_velocity  1  t,z,y,x  eastward_sea_water_velocity (m/s)

v_velocity=>v_velocity  1  t,z,y,x  northward_sea_water_velocity (m/s)

endvars

As I change the X def, ydef entries for the dummy destination grid size, value changes but I expect it to be max every time. Please lead me.

Thanks & Regards

Anil Kumar

OceanManager Inc.