[gradsusr] Land sea mask data, maskout

Andrew Friedman andfried at berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 6 03:21:32 EDT 2014

Hi Howard,

I believe these all should be possible using GrADS. Here are some initial general suggestions:

-For the initial graphing question, you use ‘set gxout grfill’ which plots the individual gridboxes without smoothing.
-The combination of ‘const’ and ‘maskout’ should allow you to plot land and sea separately.
-Finally, ‘lterp’ should allow you to interpolate between different gridbox sizes.

Others on the listserve may have additional ideas.

Best,
Andrew