[gradsusr] grib format conversion to binary format

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 12:31:20 EDT 2014

You can use the graphics output mode fwrite (with other options like set
fwrite, q fwrite, disable fwrite etc.) to write a variable to binary in
Grads.  Once you set the mode, just display the variable to actually
perform the write.

Jeff Duda

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 8:12 AM, mehwish ramzan <mehwish.ramzan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear GrADS members,
>
> I want to convert the grib hourly data for 26 years to simple text/binary
> format to extract the precipitation values. Can someone please share their
> experience or kindly guide me, whether it's  possible in GrADS?
>

> I will be really thankful.
>

> With Best Regards,
>
> Mehwish

Jeff Duda