[gradsusr] How to convert tif file to netcdf ?

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com yaqiang.wang at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 05:40:56 EDT 2014

Do you mean geotiff files? MetoInfo Java software (freely available at http://www.meteothinker.com) can read some kind of geotiff files, such as SRTM 90m elevation geotiff files (http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/), but the geotiff reading function was not fully developed at present. If your geotiff file can be read by MeteoInfo, it can be easily converted to netCDF format by writing a small Jython script program (using MeteoInfo and Unidata Java netCDF library).

I will try it if you can send me a sample geotiff file.

Regards
Yaqiang

Dr. Yaqiang Wang
Chinese Academy of Meteorological Sciences (CAMS)
46, Zhong-Guan-Cun South Avenue
Beijing, 100081
China

yaqiang.wang at gmail.com