[gradsusr] How to save netcdf data without the outlines of the continents?

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Sat Jul 12 18:14:58 EDT 2014

Carlos,

  In Matlab, just compress the 2D array into a 1D array, perform the
wavelet analysis on the 1D array, and map the results back into 2D arrays.
For example,

   I = isnan(sst)==false

   sst1 = sst(I) # remove undefs

  %% do calc with sst1, save result is 1D array r1, then

   r = NaN*zeros(size(sst))
   r(I) = r1 # this is a 2D array with NaN for undefs

   In retrospect, this is a matlab question, not a grads question.

      Arlindo

Arlindo da Silva
*dasilva at alum.mit.edu <dasilva at alum.mit.edu>*