[gradsusr] How to save netcdf data without the outlines of the continents?

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Fri Jul 11 23:14:14 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM, Carlos Batista <krlosbatist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Users
>
> I need to save the data  SST file without contours of continents.
>
> I need to open this data in Matlab. The Matlab understands the contours as
> values ​​and I don't know 'say' for the Matlab that data of contours is not
> for "him" to read.
>
> Does anyone know?

I really do not understand what you are trying to do. Which?

1) You are trying to import in matlab an image that you created in grads, or

2)  You would like to open a binary SST file (that grads can read) in
matlab for further analysis,

   Here is a very simple example of how to export ASCII data and import it
into Matlab,

http://cookbooks.opengrads.org/index.php?title=Recipe-002:_Saving_GrADS_variable_data_to_a_text_file

   Here is a more sophisticated way of sharing data between grads and
matlab using Java:

http://opengrads.org/wiki/index.php?title=JyGrADS:_Java_and_Matlab_interface_to_GrADS_through_Jython

   I never really released jygrads, but a working release can be found here:

         http://opengrads.org/devel/jygrads/

   I hope this helps.

        Arlindo

--