[gradsusr] cairo and gadap failed to build

brown wrap gramos at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 11:46:31 EDT 2014

I thought I had sucessfully built the suplemental libraries, but upon further inspection gadap and cairo didn't built. Regarding cairo, when I go into the src directory and try to rebuild it, it complains the libpng was not built with "fPIC", which I believe it was:

supplibs/lib/libpng15.a(libpng15_la-png.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata.str1.8' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC