[gradsusr] How do I tell GrADS where my libraries are?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Jul 8 15:27:04 EDT 2014

None of those --with* arguments will be acknowledged by the GrADS configure script (it's not as smart as some of the library configure scripts). Please see the supplibs documentation page (http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/supplibs.html) for a suggested directory structure where you can copy the compiled library files and the necessary include files, then use an environment variable SUPPLIBS to point to it. Then the configure script should find what it needs.
--Jennifer

On Jul 6, 2014, at 7:36 PM, brown wrap wrote:

> My libraries are in a non-standard place. I thought I could tell GrADS where to find them with configure:
>
>  ./configure --with-hdf5=/software/depot/hdf5-1.8.10-gcc --with-netcdf=/software/depot/netcdf-4.1.3-gcc-with-hdf5 --with-hdf4=/software/depot/hdf-4.2.9-gcc --with-hdf4-include=/software/depot/hdf-4.2.9-gcc/include --with-hdf4-libdir=/software/depot/hdf-4.2.9-gcc/lib/
>
> Even with the above line it is disabling HDF4, most likely because it can't find udunits. Is the about the correct format? Thanks.

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University
4400 University Drive