[gradsusr] gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate

Noelia otero noeli1680 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 15:27:37 EST 2014

Hi,

I have a problem to open a netcdf file in grads, and I read some post about
that, but I don't still have the solution.
I have created my file in R, and the output from ncdump -h:

netcdf cwt_este {
dimensions:
        longitude = 25 ;
        latitude = 17 ;
variables:
        double longitude(longitude) ;
                longitude:units = "defree_east" ;
        double latitude(latitude) ;
                latitude:units = "defree_east" ;
        double msl(latitude, longitude) ;
                msl:units = "Pa" ;
                msl:missing_value = -999. ;
}

When I try to open it in grads, the error I have:
ga-> sdfopen cwt_este.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  cwt_este.nc
gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.

anyone has an idea about that? I don't know how I could fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Noelia