[gradsusr] Percentiles

Tom Hultquist weathertom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 19:30:03 EST 2014

I'm looking to generate percentiles (spatially on a map) using an ensemble
dataset containing 20 members. I can generate the min, max, and mean of a
given field without any issue, since there are functions for those which
work fine with the ensemble dimension. However, I'd also like to be able to
generate percentiles of various fields (10th, 25th, 50th, etc). From what
I've seen I'll need to use something like PyGrADS to compute the
percentiles outside of GrADS, then bring the information back into GrADS
and plot it. That looks doable, but before attempting that I just wanted to
ask and see if anyone has been able to do so entirely within GrADS. Thanks
for any suggestions.