[gradsusr] (no subject)

Charles Vanya charles.vanya at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 20 05:53:13 EST 2014

Dear All,
 I am novel with GrADS and recently was doing a case study of a lightning that killed 8 people at once and same place. As I was trying to load cape.2013.nc and cin.2013.nc I encountered an error that I am failing to resolve up to now. The error is shwon below:

ga-> sdfopen c:/Users/CHARLES/Downloads/cape.2013.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  c:/Users/CHARLES/Downloads/cape.2013.nc
gadsdf: SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.
  To open this file with GrADS, use a descriptor file with an XDEF entry.
  Documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html
ga->
 ======================================
Now the question is how can I open such kind of data in Grads. I read through the mentioned document but it is not helpful to me. Can any one help me with guidance and set of commands to open and read this data? the data is accessible from
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/thredds/fileServer/Datasets/NARR/monolevel/cin.2013.nc
Thanks in advance

Charles Langton Vanya
(Principal Meteorologist)

Department of Climate Change and Meteorological Services,
Regional Government Offices-(Next to Immigration Office),
Box 1808
Blantyre,Malawi
Tel:       (+ 265) 1 822 014
Cell:     (+265) 888 980 545 / 999 380 545

Fax:     (+265) 1 822 215