[gradsusr] Opening a Grb2 File

Perry, Aaron @ LSC Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Thu Jan 16 18:39:38 EST 2014

Hi Ethan,

In order to open a grib2 file in GrADS, a control (.ctl) and an index (.idx) file must exist.

To create a .ctl file with g2ctl, use this command in your terminal:

g2ctl grib2_file.grb2 > grib2_file.ctl

Then to create the .idx file with gribmap, use this command:

gribmap -i grib2_file.ctl

Onward and Upward,

Aaron D. Perry
Boston, MA