[gradsusr] Error from HCURL

Davide Sacchetti davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it
Tue Jan 14 12:32:26 EST 2014

ucurl makes central differences between u(y+1) and u(y-1) (and between
v, x): x and y must vary ...
but you wanna see the value at a point, at fixed x,y
the solution is to define a variable on 2d and then to plot it 0d, I
mean:
suppose your point of interest is on x=20, y=30
set x 19 21
set y 29 31
define vort=hcurl(u,v)*1e5
set x 20
set y 30
d vort

it shoulkd work
bye bye
Davide

On Tue, 2014-01-14 at 13:04 -0200, Gisele dos Santos Zepka wrote:
> Hello users,
>
> I need the value of the vorticity at each grid point of my domain. The
> error I found when doing a test is shown below.
>
> ga -> set lat -30.0276
> LAT set to -30.0276 -30.0276
> ga-> set lon 307.994
> LON set to 307.994 307.994
> ga-> d hcurl(u(lev=500),v(lev=500))*1e5
> Error from HCURL: Invalid dimension environment
>     Horizontal environment (X, Y varying) is required
> Operation error: Error from hcurl function
>     Errror occurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error: Invalid expression
>
> What can I do to fix this? Please, help me!
> Thanks,
>
> Gisele

Davide Sacchetti
Centro Funzionale Meteo Idrologico di Protezione Civile della Regione Liguria
ARPAL Unità Tecnica Complessa di livello Regionale
V.le Brigare Partigiane 2 16121 Genova (I)
tel: +39 010 6437535                    fax: +39 010 6437520
mail: davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it     web: www.meteoliguria.it