[gradsusr] While Loop Causing Graphics To Overwrite One File

Perry, Aaron @ LSC Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Tue Jan 14 02:59:07 EST 2014

Good Morning All,

I'm currently having an issue in my script  where instead of multiple, separate graphics being produced, GrADS is overwriting the first-created file over and over again.

I suspect that issue is with my modified if/endif statement nested in a while loop. The id/endif statement seems correct to me but, that's saying alot, since it's clearly not working properly...

I've attached the problem script file to this email for anyone to pick apart and try to null out this speed bump.

The data that I'm using is GFS data (3hr increments), where every forecast hour in the GRIB2 file name below 10hrs has a zero in front of the forecast hour (00, 03, 06, 09). After 9hrs, the zeros go away.

Onward and Upward,

Aaron D. Perry
Boston, MA
Lyndon State College '16