[gradsusr] Polar stereographic plots

Brian Gaze brian.gaze at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 1 12:33:26 EST 2014

Hi,

Is there a way of using scaled and nps (or sps) together in one plot?

What I'm trying to achieve is a polar stereographic plot which uses up the
full plot area both horizontally and vertically.

I can do something like this..

'set mpvals -180 180 20 90'
'set mproj nps'
'set lat 10 90'
'set lon -180 180'
....rest of script

...but this leaves space either on the right hand side or top of the plot
depending on whether grads is in portrait or landscape mode - hence why I'd
like to scale even if the map appears slightly stretched.

I've played around with vpage and parea but can't find a way of removing
the white space.

Thanks

BWG