[gradsusr] Filling entire plot area issue..

L.B. bcbass2989 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 14:42:49 EST 2014

Hello all,

I have been having an issue of trying to fill the entire plot area. Usually
the extra white space is used for text and such, but in my case I want to
fill the entire plot area (or most of it) and get rid of as much white
space as possible. I have played around with various values for vpage and
parea as well as the image size output (so it is NOT distorted), and it
just seems to re-scale the image, and not let me fill the entire area.
Ideally it would be nice to set your parea>vpage, but that's not possible.
I have posted an example image below. I made the background black to show
you all the excess space. Now obviously the image is not rectangular, and I
have cropped the left and the right side, but how can I get rid of that
excess on the top and bottom without using an external utility to crop it
after the fact?

Thanks.

*William (L.B.) LaForce*
Meteorologist