[gradsusr] sdfwrite question

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Feb 11 19:01:53 EST 2014

Hi, Andrew --
Sorry I forgot to reply to this the first time you asked … GrADS assumes you would want coordinate values written out in double, so the -flt option only applies to the data variables. The lat/lon variables are not especially large, so I can't imagine it would drastically change your file size to convert them to floats, but you could probably do it with one of the netcdf operators; I bet ncks will convert them, or if your file isn't too big you could do it with an ncdump-->edit the output-->ncgen.
--Jennifer

On Feb 11, 2014, at 5:15 PM, Andrew Friedman wrote:

> Hi GrADS users,
>
> Do you know how the dimensions of a variable created using sdfwrite can be changed to floating point?
>
> 'set sdfwrite -flt’ changes the output variable to floating point, but still leaves the dimensions as double precision.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3