[gradsusr] Display issues in Grads

Marjahn Finlayson mfinlayson at wesleyan.edu
Mon Dec 29 15:18:40 EST 2014

I normally would run cbar.gs script. I copied the script from the grads
library displayed below:

*
*  Script to plot a colorbar
*
*  The script will assume a colorbar is wanted even if there is
*  not room -- it will plot on the side or the bottom if there is
*  room in either place, otherwise it will plot along the bottom and
*  overlay labels there if any.  This can be dealt with via
*  the 'set parea' command.  In version 2 the default parea will
*  be changed, but we want to guarantee upward compatibility in
*  sub-releases.
*
function colorbar (args)
*
*  Check shading information
*
  'query shades'
  shdinfo = result
  if (subwrd(shdinfo,1)='None')
    say 'Cannot plot color bar: No shading information'
    return
  endif
*
*  Get plot size info
*
  'query gxinfo'
  rec2 = sublin(result,2)
  rec3 = sublin(result,3)
  rec4 = sublin(result,4)
  xsiz = subwrd(rec2,4)
  ysiz = subwrd(rec2,6)
  ylo = subwrd(rec4,4)
  xhi = subwrd(rec3,6)
  xd = xsiz - xhi
*
*  Decide if horizontal or vertical color bar
*  and set up constants.
*
  if (ylo<0.6 & xd<1.0)
    say "Not enough room in plot for a colorbar"
    return
  endif
  cnum = subwrd(shdinfo,5)
  if (ylo<0.6 | xd>1.5)