[gradsusr] question about GrADS and EASE-2 grid

Austin Conaty Austin.L.Conaty at nasa.gov
Thu Dec 4 10:34:09 EST 2014

Greetings,

I googled EASE grid and GrADS and I found a GrADS user
forum exchange from 2005.

http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2005-July/001386.html

There were 2 solutions mentioned for using GrADS and EASE gridded data:

1. Use the PDEF bilin option, which means you have to generate your own
pdef file.
2. Convert the EASE gridded data to station data format.

Is this still the case or is there any new info on using GrADS to
read/work with
EASE-2 gridded data?

I'm wondering if anyone out there is using GrADS regularly to
work with data on the EASE-2 grid.

Thanks for any input.

Many thanks,
-Austin Conaty

--
Austin Conaty, SSAI        Global Modeling and Assimilation Office
301-614-6149 (ph)          NASA Goddard Space Flight Center

Austin.L.Conaty at .nasa.gov

http://gmao.gsfc.nasa.gov