[gradsusr] how to open netCDF

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 11:51:49 EST 2014

In situations like this, I just write my own descriptor (control) file.
You'll need to know a lot of metadata, though. Use ncdump -h to obtain most
of what you'll need.. This website, and the links within, will help you:
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/aboutgriddeddata.html#descriptor

Jeff Duda

On Mon, Dec 1, 2014 at 4:46 AM, Аня Романенко <romashe4ka04 at rambler.ru>
wrote:

> Hi, all!
>
> I was trying to open netCDF with command "sdfopen" and I get such
> error:"SDF file has no discernable X coordinate.To open this file with
> GrADS, use a descriptor file with an XDEF entry."
>
> Can you explain for me, how can I create such a descriptor file?
>
> Thanks in advance, Ann.

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant