[gradsusr] Using wildcards with sdfopen when seconds are needed

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:47:37 EDT 2014

Aloha Gradsusers,

I am using GrADS to look at NEXRAD radar data.  Each time step has its own
file which looks like this:
PHMO_V04_20120309_000344.nc
I do 'sdfopen PHMO_V04_20120309_000344.nc' and everything works perfectly.

I would like to open all of the files at once, but the file names have
second included, which doesn't seem to be listed as a wild card for
opening.  I tried to open 2 time steps using
'sdfopen PHMO_V04_20120309_000344.nc PHMO_V04_20120309_ %h2%n2%ch.nc 2'
but when I did 'set t 2' the values were all undefined.  I have 24 hours
worth of data, so it is pretty important to open it all at once instead of
opening and closing and opening and closing for every ~5 minute time step.
Is there a way to include seconds as a wild card or include something with
the %ch wildcard to get it to work?

Thanks for the help!
-Tom

--
Tom Robinson
Treasurer - Graduate Student Organization