[gradsusr] Unable to allocate memory error

Ricardo Hallak ricardo.hallak at iag.usp.br
Fri Aug 8 14:48:50 EDT 2014

Stephen,
I cheked my old anottations. In that time I used :
grads -m 1600000 -lc 'run <somescript.gs>'

because my problem occured during the "display" command. That is, the number is really in Mb, not in Gb.

My guess, now, is that your problem is a limit in the Windows memory configuration, not a Grads buffer limitation, so that the -m option will not work.

However, now I remember that, in LINUX, we used to SET a Environmetal Variable to allocate more than 2 GB memory in the .bashrc file. Unfortunatelly, I don't kow how to do it in Windows. Maybe someone else in the gradslist could help with this question: how to amplify the available memory for running programs in Windows?

Thanks,
Ricardo