[gradsusr] Unable to allocate memory error

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Fri Aug 8 11:17:08 EDT 2014

I've been running a script that uses high resolution data, but after a
point it generates an "unable to allocate memory" error and stackdump, if I
use too large an x-y domain.  Looking at my Task Manager, this appears to
happen when it hits a 2GB memory ceiling for the GrADS process.  Total
laptop memory used at point of stackdump is under 5GB (I have 8GB RAM on my
Windows7 laptop).

Is there any way within GrADS to increase the 2GB limit?  I tried using the
-m switch (-m 3000000, for example) when launching GrADS prior to running
my script.  By the way, the script works fine as long as it doesn't hit the
2GB ceiling.  Is there something else I can do to overcome this?  I've
already iincluded code to undefine previously-defined variables as soon as
no longer needed.

I'm using version 2.0.1.oga.1

Thanks
Stephen McMillan

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.