[gradsusr] No Text Plots When Script Executed Via Crontab

Perry, Aaron @ LSC Aaron.Perry at lsc.vsc.edu
Wed Aug 6 17:19:23 EDT 2014

Good Afternoon All,

I'm currently trying to execute a shell script (.sh) in crontab that runs GrADS.

I am able to run the shell script fine on it's own but, when I run it via crontab, I always get the following error:

Error opening stroke character data set
Data set names = /usr/local/lib/grads/font0.dat ; font0.dat

I have GrADS installed in /mnt/grads/ and all the associated font#.dat files in /mnt/grads/ so, I'm a bit perplexed as to why my system thinks that GrADS is in /usr/local/lib/.

Any ideas?

Onward and Upward,

Aaron D. Perry
Atmospheric Sciences