[gradsusr] Forecast hour and minutes

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:32:23 EDT 2014

Does your data file actually have data at sub-hourly intervals? If so,
change the TDEF line in the control file.  The last string gives the time
increment for each time step change.  Set it to 30MN.  If your data type is
grib, you'll have to rerun gribmap after changing the control file.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Daniel Nairn <dannairn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am running GrADS scripts that output images at hourly intervals. I would
> like to change this to display at 30 minute intervals but I cannot see what
> I need to change. This is my working hourly interval script example
>
> 'query time'
> res = subwrd(result,3) ;
> res1 = subwrd(result,6) ;
> fcsthr = substr(res,1,3) ; fcstdate = substr(res,4,13) ; fcstday =
> substr(res1,1,3)
>
> I've tried modifying this but ended up with more characters displayed on
> the hourly images trying to get the half hourly images working.
>
> Any ideas?

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant