[gradsusr] issue opening a netcdf file

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Apr 18 14:23:03 EDT 2014

You are right, these problems are serious! You have 2-dimensional coordinates AND a rotated pole. You are going to need a PDEF file for sure to read this with GrADS. There are some CMIP5 models that have published data on grids like this. I have used ESMF's RegridWeightGen tool to create interpolation weights, then a custom C program to create the PDEF file. My scripts for doing this are in ftp://cola.gmu.edu/pub/jma/cmip5/.
--Jennifer

On Apr 18, 2014, at 6:00 AM, Coly SAR wrote:

> Dear Jenifer and user list,
>
> I have serious problems reading a netcdf file in grads and hope support in overcoming the issue. I spent a long time trying but without success.
> I attach the ncdump output and my tentative ctl file.
>
> Sdfopen asks for a ctl file and I created the attached one to try to use xdfopen but still don't work.
>
> col

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University