[gradsusr] Size of x&y axis values, ENSO Index maskout neutral conditions, HADISST (GNUZip)/ERSST (1600 .nc files)

Andrew Friedman andfried at berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 18 02:56:52 EDT 2014

Hi Corey,

You should be able to unzip the file using standard utilities. Try reading about gzip here: http://www.gzip.org/

There are ways to recursively download files as you are looking for using wget, but I haven’t done this directly. Once you have different time slice netcdf files, they can be combined using the NCO operator ncrcat:
http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#ncrcat-netCDF-Record-Concatenator

You can also download already-combined ERSST and other gridded datasets from NOAA ESRL: http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/gridded/

Andrew