[gradsusr] Finding max wind over a time period

Edward Pollock edwardp at ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 23 16:15:02 EDT 2013

I did it differently. To display as vectors do something like this:

sum(maskout(u10,mag(u10,v10)-max(mag(u10,v10),t='tmin',t='tmax')),t='tmin',t='tmax');sum(maskout(v10,mag(u10,v10)-max(mag(u10,v10),t='tmin',t='tmax')),t='tmin',t='tmax')

The winds at times when the magnitude isn't equal to the maximum magnitude
(all but one hopefully) are masked out in the sum, leaving you with only
the wind components at the time of maximum. If you want the vectors
displayed as unit vectors, divide each component by the magnitude.

Cheers,

Ted