[gradsusr] Plotting a NEXRAD netCDF file

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 18:25:16 EDT 2013

I can confirm that works.  I see you have to select the output format in
the WCT to be gridded netCDF 3 rather than native netCDF format, so you
lose a little bit of fidelity by selecting the first option.  It also
appears that you get more of that fidelity back if you select the maximum
grid count (1600 in my version) and the smallest data window possible that
fits the relevant data in.  This is shown by the attached images.  In the
one titled KTLX_2328Z_reflectivity_only_3.gif, the data were created using
the lowest grid cell size option (0.0075), whereas in
reflectivity_1600_zoom.png, the data were created using the largest grid
dimension size option (1600).

Jeff