[gradsusr] Differencing values from two files in GrADS

Rupak Rajbhandari rupak.rajbhandari at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 21:51:28 EDT 2013

Hi,

The problem arises from the fact that two files are opened at same time and
their time steps are different. Your first file starts from 1st Jan 2013.
This means time step t=1 is 2013 01 01 and goes on increasing. But your
second file starts from 1981. When your default file is 1, t=1 for second
file will not be equal to for 1981 01 01. 't' value for 1981 01 01 will be
something like
-(2013-1981)*365 (minus sign). I hope it is clear.

Either create a dummy file from 1981-2012 or separate 2013 from the
climatology file. This should solve your issue. I hope.

-rupak

Rupak Rajbhandari
Department of Meteorology
Tri-Chandra College