[gradsusr] Differencing values from two files in GrADS

Goodson,Ron [Edm] Ron.Goodson at EC.gc.ca
Wed Sep 18 19:23:25 EDT 2013

slight correction ... meant to say "uave2" below.  But .. I guess in
your case it doesn't really matter since you a not comparing the two
files

(and I see you have d uave in both sections .. but assume that was a
typo?)

ron

-----Original Message-----
From: Goodson,Ron [Edm]
Sent: September 18, 2013 5:15 PM
To: 'GrADS Users Forum'
Subject: RE: [gradsusr] Differencing values from two files in GrADS

When I'm fiddling with two files with different times (or time steps),
and I get confused by var.1(t=XX) or var.2(t=YY) at least, for debugging
purposes, I will explicitly do a

set dfile 1

.. work with file 1

set dfile 2

.. work with file 2

This way I know what t = 1, N really stands for.  So, in your case I'd
probably open both file then

set dfile 2
  .. calculate uave

set dfile 1