[gradsusr] Question about srh1km(uVAR,vVAR) function

Nimrod Micael nmicael at aggies.ncat.edu
Sat Sep 7 22:01:47 EDT 2013

I dont know why I am getting this error.

Unknown command: u0.5=zinterp(u,height,0.5)
Unknown command: v0.5=zinterp(v,height,0.6)
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 1 v-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 1.5 u-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 1.5 v-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 2 u-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 2 v-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 2.5 u-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 2.5 v-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 3 u-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 3 v-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 3.5 u-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 3.5 v-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 4 u-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 4 v-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 4.5 u-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 4.5 v-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 5 u-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 5 v-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 5.5 u-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 5.5 v-field.
DEFINE error:  Name too long; missing '='
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 6 u-field.
Done.  Newly defined variable interp has 6 v-field.
Data Request Error:  File number out of range
  Variable = u0.5
  Error ocurred at column 6
DEFINE error:  Invalid expression.

Here's my code:

"u0.5=zinterp(u,height,0.5)"

"v0.5=zinterp(v,height,0.6)"

"u1=zinterp(u,height,1)"

"define v1="zinterp(v,height,1)

"define u1.5="zinterp(u,height,1.5)

"define v1.5="zinterp(v,height,1.5)

"define u2="zinterp(u,height,2)

"define v2="zinterp(v,height,2)

"define u2.5="zinterp(u,height,2.5)

"define v2.5="zinterp(v,height,2.5)

"define u3="zinterp(u,height,3)

"define v3="zinterp(v,height,3)

"define u3.5="zinterp(u,height,3.5)

"define v3.5="zinterp(v,height,3.5)

"define u4 ="zinterp(u,height,4)

"define v4="zinterp(v,height,4)

"define u4.5="zinterp(u,height,4.5)

"define v4.5="zinterp(v,height,4.5)

"define u5="zinterp(u,height,5)

"define v5="zinterp(v,height,5)

"define u5.5="zinterp(u,height,5.5)

"define v5.5="zinterp(v,height,5.5)

"define u6="zinterp(u,height,6)

"define v6="zinterp(v,height,6)

'define umean=(u10+u0.5+u1+u1.5+u2+u2.5+u3.0+u3.5+u4+u4.5+u5+u5.5+u6)/13.0'
'define vmean=(v10+v0.5+v1+v1.5+v2+v2.5+v3.0+v3.5+v4+v4.5+v5+v5.5+v6)/13.0'
'define ushear=u5-u10'
'define vshear=v5-v10'
'define shear=sqrt(ushear*ushear+vshear*vshear)'
'define umotion=((umean+(7.5/(shear))*vshear))'
'define vmotion=((vmean-(7.5/(shear))*ushear))'
'define srh1=((u0.5-umotion)*(v10-vmotion)-(u10-umotion)*(v0.5-vmotion))'
'define srh2=((u1-umotion)*(v0.5-vmotion)-(u0.5-umotion)*(v1-vmotion))'
'define srh1km=srh1+srh2'

'set gxout shaded'
'set clevs 100 150 200 250 300 400 500 600 700 800'
'set ccols 0 14 4  11 5 3  7  12 8 2 6'
'd srh1km'

I dont get what's wrong?

Thanks.