[gradsusr] Decadal average plot

Hosmay Lopez hlopez at rsmas.miami.edu
Wed Sep 4 14:30:50 EDT 2013

Dear Mubashar,

You can use the tloop function in conjunction with the ave function as follows:

set t 61 2340
d tloop(ave(temperature,t-60,t+60))

This will create an average for decadal timescales.
Note, the time start at month 61 = beginning of year 6 and ends at month 2340 = 5 years prior to year 200 of your data.

At the end you should have a monthly time series of decadal averaged quantity.

Best,

Hosmay Lopez
Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
University of Miami
4600 Rickenbacker Causeway Miami, FL 33149
Office: MSC337