[gradsusr] Question about why the wind vectors barbs not showing up for the 0-6 KM Shear difference

Nimrod Micael nmicael at aggies.ncat.edu
Mon Sep 2 13:08:37 EDT 2013

Perfect. Just to verify I am doing the right procedure:

zinterp(u,height,6)
 'u6km=interp'
 zinterp(v,height,6)
 'v6km=interp'
 'shear0006=1.94*mag(u6km-u10,v6km-v10)'
 'set gxout shaded'
 'set cmin 20'
 'set clevs 20 30 40 50 60'
 'set ccols 0 3 7 8 2 6'
 'd shear0006'

 'ushear= u6km-u10'
 'vshear= v6km-v10'

 'set gxout barb'
 'set cmin 20'
 'set arrlab off'
 'set clopts -1 -1 0.14'
 'set arrscl 5'
 'd skip(ushear*1.94,40,40);skip(vshear*1.94,40,40)'

Thanks Jeff you are awesome! :)

Nimrod Micael