[gradsusr] Displaying GFS wind gust speeds [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Ben Quinn benwquinn at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 19:19:14 EDT 2013

Interestingly the GUSTsfc variable seems to be stripped out of the
dataset over DODS? It's not listed in the variable listing (for any of
the GFS datasets - on NOMADS or Monsoondata)

http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/gfs_hd/gfs_hd20130901/gfs_hd_12z.info

Actually I notice there are 227 variables available there while the
master dataset available through HTTP/Grib Filter contains 250 variables
- so quite a few variables aren't available.  Not sure of the reason for
this?

Kind regards,

Ben